Summer Fayre 2017
☀ Non-Uniform Day Friday 7th July ☀- Call for volunteers to help run the fayre ☀ Appeal for gazebos ☀ Where are those raffle tickets? ☀ and last but not least -- Cuddly Toys! ☀
Dear Parents / Carers,
We are just two weeks away from one of our biggest fund raising events of the year. This year’s Summer Fayre will take place on the afternoon of Sports Day. Start the day by joining us for breakfast at our refreshment tent. We will be serving pastries, cookies and hot drinks. We also have our BBQ (details of how to pre-order will be sent out) and family picnic at lunchtime. The refreshments tent will be open all day for you to purchase drinks and snacks.
Grand Draw Tickets
Each child has been given one book of raffle tickets to sell but sadly we have had very few stubs returned to school. Please could you check your child’s school bag. If you require more raffle tickets they are available from reception.
Do you have a Gazebo you could let us use to cover one of our summer fayre stalls? If so please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our facebook page @whiteknightspca or leave your details at the school office and we can let you know when to bring it in.
Call for volunteers to help with the fayre: Can you spare an hour to help with any of the following?
- Afternoon before the fayre (Thurs 13th): 4:30 – 5:30pm putting up a marquee
- Morning of the fayre before school: 8:00 – 9:00am setting up tables
- Day of the fayre: 12 noon – 1pm help on a stall
1:00 – 2:00pm help on a stall
3:30 – 4:30pm clear-up
If so please get in touch.
Request for cuddly toys ! Do you have any unwanted cuddly toys? They must be clean and in the sort of condition you would be happy to buy yourself and take home. If so, please bring them to the school office on any day and we will happily use them for our popular teddy adoption stall.
Non Uniform Donation Day
Friday 7th July will be our Non-Uniform Donation Day. To allow your child to wear non-uniform they need to bring in a donation to be used at the Summer Fayre. Please see the list below. All items apart from cakes need to be brought in on the non-uniform day (7th July). Cakes need to be brought into school on the morning of the sports day/fayre.
- Foundation Wrapped lollies or wrapped candy/chewy sweets or Fun size chocolate bars
- Year 1 Cakes (please bring in on the morning of the sports day/fayre)
- Year 2 Packets of “Party bag” toys
- Year 3 Chocolate bars, bags or boxes (e.g. Maltesers, Matchmakers or family
sized bags of chocolate)
- Year 4 Football, tennis ball, ping pong ball, bouncy ball or soft ball (all available from the 99p store or the £1 shop)
- Year 5 Cans/bottles of fizzy drink or cartons of juice
- Year 6 Bottle tombola (anything in a bottle that is non-alcoholic).
Please keep to your child’s year group to allow us to have a good variety of prizes. If you are unable to purchase the items above then please send your child into school with £2 and we will buy the items on your behalf.
We are raising money for KS2 play equipment so please give generously to enable us to make this event successful.
Thank you for your continued support and here’s to a GREAT summer fayre.
Whiteknights Parent Community Association